What is Acne?
Acne is an inflammatory skin disorder characterized by pimples, cysts, blackheads and whiteheads. Acne often arises at puberty, when the body dramatically increases its production of androgens (male sex hormones). These hormones stimulate the production of Keratin (type of protein) and Sebum (oily skin lubricant). If sebum is secreted faster than it can move through the pores, blemishes arise.
Other factors that contribute to acne include heredity, hormonal imbalance, menstrual cycles, candida, sluggish liver. Nutritional deficiencies and or a diet high in sugar and hydrogenated fats can also be involved. A body PH that is to acidic can also foster the nesting and breeding of acne causing bacteria.
Acne and Aloe Vera
• The antibacterial properties of Aloe Vera are very effective in treating acne and reducing the redness caused by it. These agents are the salicylic acids, sapponins and anthraquinones found abundantly in the plant. These agents help prevent bacteria from infecting the acne wound and therefore help in the process of healing.
• Salicylic acid furthermore unclogs pores and eliminates blackheads and whiteheads from the skin and helps regulate the skins PH balance.
• The astringent property of Aloe Vera removes excess oil and dirt from the skin to prevent acne break-outs. It can reduce the size of inflamed nodules and cysts.
• Magensium lactate present in Aloe Vera helps alleviate any itching or discomfort associated with acne.
• It can assist in reducing acne scars by promoting skin regeneration. Aloe Vera contains enzymes that stimulate the growth and formation of new cells and has the capability of penetrating right down to the deepest layer of skin.
• The vitamins and minerals present in Aloe Vera also boost cell development and restoration.
• The Phytosterols present in the plant, contain fatty acids which help in combating the inflammation on the skin.
Where can you buy a best Aloe Vera gel?
When buying Aloe vera, it’s important to understand the processing method. In most commercial Aloe vera products, the production typically involves crushing, grinding or pressing the whole leaf to produce the juice, followed by various steps of filtration and stabilization to achieve the desired extract. Although this is easier for manufacturers, it can result in a product that contains little or no active ingredients.
However, at Great Directions, we sell an Australian made, 100% Certified Aloe Vera Gel. It contains 75 different substances that contains cleansing, anti bacterial, anti inflammatory, antiviral and antiseptic properties to help human skin. Some of the key ingredients are vitamin (A, B, C, E, B1, B2, B3, B6, B12), antioxidants, minerals (magnesium, calcium, manganese, zinc, iron, sodium, selenium and potassium), amino acids, anthraquinones, fatty acids, hormones, polysaccharides, salicylic acid, saponins.
We recommend massaging our aloe vera gel into the skin after washing your face before bed & leaving it in overnight. Rinse out the Aloe Vera Gel with warm water in the morning. This allows all night for the vitamins, minerals and anti-oxidants in the Aloe Vera Gel to be absorbed by your skin.
You can purchase our Organic Aloe Vera Gel via our Secure Online Website (see below) or via our Sydney or Melbourne Branches.
Certified Organic Aloe Vera Gel Prices!
Below are our current Aloe Vera Gel prices and bundles:
The Great Directions Certified Organic Aloe Vera Gel is exclusively available to purchase from:
- Online via our Secure Online Shopping Cart – Click Here
- Melbourne Clinic at 131/1 Queens Road Melbourne 3004 – Phone: (03) 9988 0888
- Sydney Clinic at 147 William Street, Woolloomooloo 2011 – Phone: (02) 9191 0390