Get the facts about Hair Transplant Surgery
Since Christmas 2016, Great Directions have received a few hundred enquiries from clients seeking Scott Moore’s opinion about whether they should or should not receive a hair transplant. To answer this, Scott needs to allocate time so that I can ask each client detailed and thorough questions about their;
- Hair Loss History: When did you first experience hair loss/thinning? Where are you losing your hair loss/thinning?
- Hair Loss Treatment History: Which hair loss treatments have you tried? How long did you use it for? Have you stopped? Any side effects?
- The Speed/Rate of your Hair Loss: How rapid has your hair loss/thinning become in the recent 12 mths compared to the 12mths prior to that? Has the rate of your hair loss/thinning become faster in the recent 12 mths yet you have also been following a proven hair loss treatment routine?
- Goals + Expectations: Why are you considering a hair transplant? What are you expecting to see when you look in the mirror in 5-10-20 years time?
- Assessment: A review of your hair transplant donor area and recipient area, the quality and quality of your donor hair and a review of your donor area scalp health will be performed.
- Recommendation: We are not affiliated with any hair transplant clinic. Based on our experience and the experience of Scott Moore (past General Manager of Dr Hair and the National Hair Institute), we will provide you with recommendations for you to consider before deciding if a hair transplant is a viable hair loss treatment option for you.
Scott Moore has consulted with more than 25,000 men and women since he started working in the hair loss industry. And a significant number of these people had already received a hair transplant prior to meeting with him. Many of these clients were dis-satisfied with the results of their hair transplant procedure, and were seeking Scott Moore’s help to address their dis-satisfaction. When Scott meets with people who have received a hair transplant, and they are not completely satisfied with what they have received, they all had the wrong understanding about what a hair transplant CAN vs CAN NOT do. For example unhappy hair transplant recipients often:
- Mistakenly considered a transplant to be a substitute for finasteride, minoxidil or PRP for Hair Loss treatments.
- Mistakenly thought that a transplant would give them back a full head of hair
- Mistakenly thought that after receiving only 1 x hair transplant, they wouldn’t need any more finasteride, minoxidil or PRP for Hair Loss Treatments
- Mistakenly thought that if they got a hair transplant whilst in their 20s, as long as it helps them to get married, they did not care what they looked like after 30-40-50yrs of age
- Misunderstood the importance of preventing further hair loss prior to receiving a hair transplant. Many patients were advised by a hair transplant surgeon that they needed XXXX number of grafts to treat an area, however because the patients hair loss was not stabilised, the patient continued to experience hair loss/thinning to their non-transplanted hair. Therefore, the hair transplant appears less dense than what the patient had expected to receive.
- Insufficient Grafts #s: There is a difference between the # of grafts that a hair transplant surgeon believes they can attain AND the # of grafts required to achieve the patients desired results and density.
- Undervalued or were not advised about the importance of diet, nutrition and preparing the scalp prior to receiving a hair transplant, this resulted in negative impacts to the recovery after the hair transplant and resulted in undesirable scarring and lower hair transplant graft survival rates.
Hair Transplant Consultation Services
At Great Directions, we offer Hair Transplant Consultancy Services with Scott Moore, to assist with determining:
- Suitability: Are they an ideal candidate for a procedure
- Type of Procedure: We provide you with information on both FUT (strip method) and FUE (manual and motorised non-strip method)
- Number of Grafts: This is calculated based on the desired result that you tell us that you want to achieve.
- Other Considerations: We provide you with a list of questions you should be asking a clinic when you meet with them. We also provide you with a guide of things to be aware of when communicating with a hair transplant clinic.
Each Consultation requires 30 mins and includes a detailed written report summarising the information discussed in your consultation and assessment. Each consultation is performed by Scott Moore. Below is our hair transplant consultation fee schedule:
- Initial Consultation (30mins): $145 (Existing PRP Patients receive a 20% price reduction)
- Hair Transplant Review (20mins): $110 (Existing PRP Patients receive a 20% price reduction)
Free Videos about Hair Transplants
When should you do it?
To achieve the best result from your hair transplant surgery requires careful planning and timing. Scott Moore explains further in this video.
How many grafts do you need?
Get the facts about how many hair transplant grafts you will require if you are planning any type of Hair Transplant Surgery.
PRP for Hair Injections
Scott Moore from Great Directions Australia explains the difference between a Hair Transplant and PRP for Hair Loss Treatments in this 3min video
WHAT HAIR LOSS TREATMENTS DID THIS PATIENT USE?
WHAT HAIR LOSS TREATMENTS DID THIS PATIENT USE?
This blog has been written by Scott Moore from Great Directions / PRP for Hair Loss Clinics.