Additional Hints + Tips
+ Using frozen mixed berries + mango from Coles/Woolworths or your favourite supermarket will make the smoothie taste like there is ice-cream in the ingredients when there is not.
+ It should be consumed as the 1st meal of the day! The food and drinks that we consume at the beginning of the day are absorbed FASTER by our body – AS COMPARED WITH – the food and drink that we consume after we have eaten breakfast.
+ Eating the fruits/veg as a smoothie, means that the NUTRIENTS are pre-broken down by the blender/food processor and therefore your body will absorb more of the nutrients within the meal as opposed to simply eating the exact same foods.
+ It is important that you use a protein that has been HYDROLYSED. When you eat ANY form of protein, before the body can absorb it, it needs to be HYDROLYSED. Consuming protein that is NOT hydrolysed, can result less than 30% absorption rate, the remaining 70% is then passed out when you go to the toilet.
+When you consume a clean protein source that has been pre-hydrolysed, your body can absorb up to 85% of the protein that you consume. That is a significant boost to your body’s protein levels – which is essential for hair growth. Bulknutrients.com.au have a fantastic Hydrolysed Protein (Vanilla is the best flavour!)
+ Lysine is a very important amino acid, it has been shown to help lower DHT levels – and enhancing the results from any other DHT blockers (eg. Saw Palmetto – the herbal non-drug related option to finasteride). It also has positive effects on collagen levels throughout the body. Bulknutrients.com.au offer this supplement at an affordable price!
+ Acetyl L-Carnitine is another amino acid that helps to reduce cravings from coffee by improving how effectively signals within the brain are transmitted. Acetyl-L-Carnitine has been shown in clinical studies to benefit cognitive ability, memory and mood, boost the speed of hair growth as well as to balance and maintain healthy cholesterol levels. Bulknutrients.com.au offer this supplement at an affordable price!
+ Spirulina is commonly referred to as the best super food, this is because of its nutritional profile. Spirulina is sourced from a type of sea-weed / blue-green algae. Unlike most supplements that are chemical compounds that act SIMILAR to nutrients found in the natural foods that we eat, Spirulina is NATURALLY rich in nutrients that help to promote hair growth and to prevent genetic hair loss. It’s an excellent source of both iron and copper as well as beta carotene, vitamin B, C + E. Bulknutrients.com.au offer a great spirulina powder that is natural and has a lot of positive reviews!